Ascribe Forums

Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 04:50:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Ascribe forum!
Search:     Advanced search
1134 Posts in 264 Topics by 80 Members Latest Member: - simplyit Most online today: 13 - most online ever: 157 (December 16, 2010, 05:24:23 PM)
+  Ascribe Forums
|-+  Member Management
| |-+  Finance Module
| | |-+  Hidden fiels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hidden fiels  (Read 10222 times)
justynpride
Ascribe Senior

WWW Email
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »

Not sure if this is a finance or a person data function. As part of our ability to claim tax back from the government on gifts received there is a piece of information for each person that I could do with storing in the system. It is a unique reference for every person, and it is called a PPS Number. Is there a way of being able to input it for each person, but for it to not be visible generally to others?

My thought had been to rename one of the contact fields (ie fax) to PPS, and then set the flag to 'do not show in members directory'. If there is a more straightforward way that would be much better.

Thanks in advance

Justyn
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »

Hi Justyn,

I suppose the PPS Number is akin to a Social Security Number in the USA.

Can you tell me who in the church staff would be inputting the PPS Number? Would it be the bookkeeper who enters in the contributions each weekend or a church secretary or volunteer who enters visitor communication cards?

I think this would probably need to be a brand new field added to Ascribe.

thanks,
Truman

Truman Leung, President & Developer
Ascribe Data Systems LLC
justynpride
Ascribe Senior

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:10:14 AM »

Hi Truman

I'd imagine it would be the finance person, although if it was collected at the time of membership then it could be the secretary.

I would like the individual to be able to add it in cases where we haven't got the reference. For them to be able to edit it as they edit their own info would make sense.

Justyn
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »

So are you saying that it would be acceptable for anyone in the Intranet system with the 'Edit Data' permission to be allowed to see anyone's PPS number?

Truman Leung, President & Developer
Ascribe Data Systems LLC
justynpride
Ascribe Senior

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »

Hi Truman

It's good to debate who should have access and why,especially on such a vital piece of information. Upon reflection it may be more prudent to just restrict access to the finance team. If the owner of PPS could see and edit it then it might be helpful but not essential. Best to be more restrictive on access to this particular piece of data.

Hope this is helpful.

Justyn
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: