Ascribe Forums

Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 09:46:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Ascribe forum!
Search:     Advanced search
1134 Posts in 264 Topics by 80 Members Latest Member: - simplyit Most online today: 5 - most online ever: 157 (December 16, 2010, 05:24:23 PM)
+  Ascribe Forums
|-+  Website Management
| |-+  Extranet - Member Login Area
| | |-+  People not appearing in contacts list
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: People not appearing in contacts list  (Read 9388 times)
justynpride
Ascribe Senior

WWW Email
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:46:31 AM »

Hi

I've some of our people (myself and my wife included) who don't appear in the contacts list. I've checked our profiles and we meet the criteria I've set for being shown (ie active member or regular, and over 16). Also none of us are set as 'Do not list in member directory'. Very strange!

Any thoughts or solutions would be welcome as I seem to be losing people showing in the list as they login and update their profiles! I can guarantee that they were all showing at one point in time.

Thanks

Justyn
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 06:52:54 PM »

Hi Justyn,

I just checked your person record and clicked edit. Try unchecking "Do not list in member directory", saving and testing the member directory again to see if you're listed.

thanks,
Truman

Truman Leung, President & Developer
Ascribe Data Systems LLC
justynpride
Ascribe Senior

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:05:21 AM »

Hi Truman

I tried unchecking but no change. I then also change the 'do not include in mail outs' box and that had no impact, although I wasn't expecting it to.

I logged into the portal as myself and looked at my privacy settings. I discovered that there is a 'Yes, please list me in the member directory.' option that hadn't been ticked. Ticking this made me appear in the box, which is good. I assume that this should be the same as the 'Do not list in member directory' in the main admin login? Am slightly confused as to why they do not seem to display the same information?

Regards

Justyn
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »

That's weird. Thanks for digging around and figuring that out. I will do more research.

Truman

Ascribe Data Systems LLC
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »

Funny how I myself got confused... the "Do not list in member directory" checkbox in the person edit form in the backend Ascribe interface is found in the "contact info" section right under the email address field. So this checkbox relates specifically to whether or not you wish the email address to be shown in the person's member directory listing.

The 'Yes, please list me in the member directory.' checkbox for a person's privacy settings in the members area of the website controls whether the member wishes their entire listing to be shown or hidden in the member directory.

Ascribe Data Systems LLC
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: