Ascribe Forums

Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 09:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Ascribe forum!
Search:     Advanced search
1134 Posts in 264 Topics by 80 Members Latest Member: - simplyit Most online today: 10 - most online ever: 157 (December 16, 2010, 05:24:23 PM)
+  Ascribe Forums
|-+  Ascribe Data Systems
| |-+  Ascribe Upgrade Announcements
| | |-+  Work In Progress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Work In Progress  (Read 6260 times)
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:07:06 PM »

Check back here on a regular basis to see what's in the works for Ascribe.

March 17, 2007 - UPDATE:

Pushing for March 30th completion of the new member portal. Please pray for me!

Just finished ... auto-lookup of zip/postal codes and state for the US and Australia. Also, for the US, if you enter a zip code, the city and state will also auto-fill.

Also, done: AJAX improvements to the discipleship module. This allows for easy target and completion date editing from lists of people (without any page reloads).

Jan 24, 2007 - UPDATE:

I'm still working on the upgrade to the Member Portal. It's turned out to be quite involved. Some added features are a drag-n-drop portal page module organization tool and some other cool new widgets that make setting up a website more user-friendly.

The full member portal upgrade which I had planned probably won't be ready for a couple months. So I will do a partial upgrade within two weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Mid-March 2007 - Group attendance taker tool in the member portal (so group leaders don't need to log into the intranet Ascribe application)

Here's what I'm working on now:

I'm doing a lot of work right now on the extranet (i.e., member login section) and and internet website publishing features.

• portal page upon login
  • portal module upgrades like click block header to go to module
  • improved member directory with photos
  • private group pages for group members which can host mp3 and other files (helpful for music teams). this means upgrading groups to be able to have a files section.
  • prayer module allowing member to submit prayer requests and let people reply with a prayer
  • placement of database-driven content blocks (e.g., upcoming events, latest blog entries) into plain webpages
  • perhaps making announcements, events, faq, news articles all publish to static web pages rather than to dynamic pages.

After that, some other upgrades that are in the works:

• The better looking data export tool was installed as part of the Aug 18th upgrade. However, the image export option is not yet operational. This additional export mode will be added to some modules allowing you to download images for the printing of member photo directories using third-party desktop publishing software (such as Microsoft Publisher).
  • Person Report Central - generate all kinds of reports for data mining (e.g., show me the top 200 givers in 2005 who gave below $500 in 2006)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 09:52:07 AM by Truman » Logged

Truman Leung, President & Developer
Ascribe Data Systems LLC
Bridgecity
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:05 PM »

Exciting!  Looking forward to all of it.

Marc
kaala
Best Tester
Ascribe Newbie

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »

Like the direction you're going!  Keep it up!
Bridgecity
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 08:01:42 PM »

The new stuff up there looks cool.  Thanks for always working to make this better.

Marc
Davman
Ascribe Newbie

Sean Davern

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »

It is so very cool that you're both so actively upgrading Ascribe and responsive to your customer desires and needs.  We're looking forward to putting together a photo directory using the new photo download capability.
Thanks!
Sean
Bridgecity
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:47 PM »

Hey Truman,

Any news on the next update?  I'm missing seeing the cool evidence of your masterful work.

M.
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 11:04:46 PM »

Hey Marc,

Nice to hear from you. I apologize for taking so long with this update. Please be assured that I'm hard at work. At the risk of sounding much like a boy crying wolf, I am really pushing to be done by March 30th.

Much aloha,
Truman

Truman Leung, President & Developer
Ascribe Data Systems LLC
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: