Ascribe Forums

Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Ascribe forum!
Search:     Advanced search
1134 Posts in 264 Topics by 80 Members Latest Member: - simplyit Most online today: 9 - most online ever: 157 (December 16, 2010, 05:24:23 PM)
+  Ascribe Forums
|-+  Member Management
| |-+  Finance Module
| | |-+  Electronic Tithing & Online Event Registration Payment
« previous next »
Poll
Question: How would you rather receive tithes & misc payments through the web?
ACH e-check: $0.25 per transaction, plus monthly $19.95 service charge, $249 initial setup fee - 1 (100%)
PayPal: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, no monthly or setup fee - 0 (0%)
Credit Card: 2.3% + $0.25 per transaction, $17 monthly fee, no setup fee - 0 (0%)
no electronic payment method (we wish to receive cash and paper checks only) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Electronic Tithing & Online Event Registration Payment  (Read 8301 times)
Truman
Administrator
Ascribe Hero

trumanleung
« on: October 24, 2006, 02:07:28 AM »

Are you interested in receiving tithes electronically through the web and have the contribution amounts automatically added to your member's giving record each month (or week or how ever often they wish to give)?

The benefits of using automatic recurring payments is that 52 weekly decisions are reduced to a one-time decision to give regularly. Members will give more consitently.

Also automatic electronic payment require much less time for bookkeepers because they do not require manual data entry.

To learn more about the above payment options, visit these websites:

ACH seems to be the most cost effective method for to receive e-tithes. If I integrate ACH processing into Ascribe, seting up auto e-tithing would be as simple as a church member logging into the member login section on the website, entering his/her bank account number, routing number, giving amount and how often he would like to give.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:12:48 AM by Truman » Logged

Truman Leung, President & Developer
Ascribe Data Systems LLC
Bridgecity
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 08:50:23 PM »

Another great idea.  At first I thought I'd prefer the credit card option since it's cheapest for us, but as  I thought about it, I don't want to encourage debt-giving to the church.  So, I think the e-check is the best one since it draws on real funds.  I like the idea of automatic ongoing giving.

M.
melinda
Ascribe Newbie

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:00:44 PM »

Truman-
LOVE this idea about e-check, and it's quite timely- we are also looking into credit card tithing, but are hesitant to ask people to add to their debt... keep me posted!

Melinda
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: